Monthly Archives: June 2016
With the credit crunch upon us, the female dilemma is how to stay fashionable on a budget. You can do so by trying out some fashion tips that let you show your fashion sense but also keeps you within a budget. Believe it or not, to be fashionable, you need not spend a fortune; you can be fashionable even within a limited budget.
The cheapest way to look fashionable is to wear matching accessories with your outfits to give an instant different look. Accessories like earrings, beaded necklaces and bracelets are easily available at cheap prices. Buy accessories that can go with multiple colour dresses.
Get fashion magazines see what’s in fashion now. Make a list of the details in the original and then go to regular shops (not brands) and pick some clothes that match your finds. But first check what you already have in your wardrobe. Make sure that you can wear every item on that list with at least 3 other garments in your wardrobe to achieve new looks. This will ensure maximum price per wear for every item you buy.
When you enter a shop, look around. Identify your budget and a list of what you actually need before hitting the shops. DO NOT go shopping without a list as you can easily lose focus and convince yourself that you something that you don’t.
Do not get fake knock off designer brands as it shows that they are fake. They can be spotted from a mile away and really cheapen your image.
Plain neutral coloured shirts, a good pair of flattering jeans, simple knee-length skirts, simple jackets and a good quality handbag are examples of wardrobe staples that will never go out of style. The idea should be to build up your wardrobe by spending more on great staples that will last and use cheaper shops for this seasons fashion updates. Cheap clothing shops have a place in every woman’s wardrobe. However, it should not consume the entire wardrobe! Cheap clothing shops are great for updating your look quickly and cheaply. However in order to remain looking chic, they need to be mixed and matched with quality items. Because the cheap clothes often lack quality, this means they won’t look great after been worn a few times.
Women who look after their clothes always look more stylish and groomed. Look after your clothes by reading and following the washing labels. They are there for a reason so stick to them. Dry clean as little as possible as it can strip fabrics of their natural sheen. Iron and hang garments up properly. Everything should be ready to wear that’s hanging in your wardrobe. All your clothes will remain looking new for so much longer and look more expensive.
Get your money’s worth and get your money back. eBay is a great source for buying and selling clothes. You can always find great deals if you search around, and if you take good care of your own clothes, you’ll find a market for them as well.
If you find something you like in a designer shop, look online and see if you can get a cheaper price by buying it from the designer directly.
Go through your wardrobe and check each item. Could it be updated with a little sewing? Does it need shortening or straightening? Does it need new buttons or ribbon? Add some embellishments to bring it up to date? Repair those broken stitches and fallen hems.
Organize your friends and have a clothes swapping party. Get your friends and all their friends to bring along the clothes they don’t wear, no longer fit or don’t know why they bought and have a rummage! Include shoes and handbags. Add a few bottles of wine and enjoy a girl’s night in together.
Most of us have experienced a mishap which has ended with paint on our clothes. However, there are those who seem to attract disaster every now and then. Personally, I always seem to find a freshly painted surface to brush against, or a stray tube of paint to sit on. If you have school going kids, you surely have to deal with this problem. Before you think of discarding the item, there are a few methods that you can try for removing paint from clothes. Your success is likely to depend on the size of the stain, the amount of time that has elapsed since the spill, and the type of paint.
Removing Latex Paint from Clothing
You Will Require
- Rubbing alcohol
- Old cloth or rag
- Start by spraying the paint stain with the rubbing alcohol.
- Take a rag (or old cloth) and rub the area with the paint. Slowly, little by little, the paint will start coming off.
- Continue to do this, dousing the area with rubbing alcohol every now and then, to assist the process along.
- Once all the paint is out, wash and dry the garment.
- If a faint stain remains, you can try the process again.
Removing Oil Paint from Clothing
- You Will Require
- Liquid dishwashing soap
- Pour a generous amount of liquid dish soap on the stained area of the garment, and allow it to soak in.
- Take an old cloth and rub the spot so as to work out the stain.
- Then rinse and repeat from the beginning. While this process does require considerable elbow grease, one can often achieve success with it.
You Will Require
- Blunt knife
- Absorbent paper
- Sponge or old cloth
- For tougher paint stains, where the above mentioned technique fails to work, another approach must be sought. Start by scrapping off as much paint as can come off with a blunt knife. While doing so, be careful not to cut or damage the cloth.
- Once you’ve gotten the paint out as much as possible this way, dip a piece of sponge in some turpentine, and dab it on the stained area. The paint should now peel off with relative ease, but you will be left with oily residue on the clothing.
- One way to work out this oily residue is to place absorbent paper on both sides of the stain, and hot iron over it.
- Or combine 1 teaspoon of detergent with 1 cup of lukewarm water, and using the above mentioned method, treat the spot with it.
- Use a sponge or cloth to rub the spot, and then rinse it out under cool running water. You will only be able to tell how well it has worked when the cloth dries.
You Will Require
- A hairspray
- Old piece of cloth or rag
- A home remedy that works well to remove paint from clothing is hairspray. All you need to do is spray the area with some hairspray and then, rub it with a rag.
- You may need to repeat the procedure a few times before you see results, so don’t give up immediately.
- If you don’t have a hairspray, use any other spray that contains Isopropyl alcohol. However, don’t use a spray that will further stain the garment.
- Remember to launder the cloth when you are done. This method works with latex paint too.
A Few Points to Remember
- It is best to remove the paint as soon as it stains a cloth because fresh stains are easy to remove. Dried paint is much difficult to remove from a fabric.
- Test the paint-removing agents on a small portion of the garment to check for suitability with the fabric.
- Do not rub the affected portion of cloth harshly, as it may damage and fade the clothing.
- You can also use a strong tape to remove the dried paint to some extent from the clothing.
- When using a commercial product for getting rid of the paint, don’t forget to carefully read the instructions mentioned on the label.
Other products like white spirit, paint thinner, etc., are also used for removing paint from clothes. However, be careful not to spread the stain while trying to get it out. And always remember that glass will break, and clothes will get stained, even if it is your favorite coat.
The garment you wear in your everyday life has a long history. Do you know that leggings formerly were available for each leg? Though there is a common belief that leggings are for women but that is not the fact. These skin tight garments available for both men and women. Soldiers in the 19th century used to wear leggings as part of their uniform. Modern types for women come with varieties in color and prints that are suitable to wear with different kinds of tops.
These are not pants
One should always remember that leggings are not pants. This is the basic thing that is to be remembered while you choose a legging. A legging is available for all kind of body types. You need to know your body type. You also need to choose the right size, and need to know where to buy cheap leggings online. They should neither be too loose or too tight. If you want a skin fit, buy it. Normal leggings bought a size smaller might give the tight fitting but won’t look good. It is not as wearing a pant and top. You need to choose a top or shirt that is long that will look good with the these kind of bottoms. These can be also worn with skirt, shorts or a dress.
Wear them with the right shoes
These look good with boots or sandals. You can wear heels along with leggings only if you are pairing it up with a shirt. The shoes should be such that matches with the entire outfit.
Keep changing at perfect times
One should not wear leggings that got worn out to become short after many washes. If you want to wear shorter ones, opt for the knee length ones that will look like Capri.
Jeggings v/s leggings
Jeggings are leggings made with jeans. Jeggings can be worn as pants but leggings are a strict no. One has to make sure that the jeggings actually looks good on all body types. If you have really nice legs go for jeggings as jeggings are skin tight and won’t look heavy on legs.
Maxi skirts are super fun to wear during summertime. But, you can definitely make use of them all year long. If the weather isn’t too chilly, and you want to try something different rather than putting on a pair of jeans with a t-shirt and Uggs, a maxi skirt is the answer. They are super easy to be thrown on, ridiculously comfortable, and can be paired with tons of accessories.
Don’t believe us? Just see for yourself as we go over 4 amazing ways to wear maxi skirts.
What to Wear with Maxi Skirts
Whether you have a solid-colored maxi skirt, or one with prints, there are several fun ways to wear them. Plus, you don’t have to shop for accessories as they can be paired with different tops and jackets, in various colors.
Corset Top and Maxi Skirt
Talk about staying trendy and feminine! A gorgeous corset top (with or without straps, the choice is yours) accentuates your curves, and all for the right reasons. For a stylish impact, try a neutral-colored top with a bold, solid-colored skirt. For an evening look, it’s best to stick to the classic hues like black or dark blue. This way, you can keep a level of sophistication and class to your attire. Add your accessories keeping the color of the skirt in mind, because at the end of the day, it’s the entire ensemble that will be noticed; and of course, the star who’s wearing it too.
Full Sleeve Blouse and Maxi Skirt
Many women tend to wear form-fitting tops to counteract the skirt’s flowy shape. But, if you’re not comfortable with this idea, you can always break the trend. A fantastic way of doing this is by wearing a loose long-sleeved blouse. This combination complements one another, and can be worn at multiple occasions. If you feel like taking this combination one step forward, opt for a printed blouse and pair it with exciting accessories. Try on a funky necklace, a vibrant clutch, or a pair of bedazzling shoes. Basically, when it comes to putting together this combo, sky’s the limit.
Lightweight Sweater and Maxi Skirt
When the weather isn’t quite delightful to wear your cute tops, why not settle for something warmer, yet sexy. We are talking about adding layers, without having to forgo your fashion-forward attitude. Wear a lightweight sweater with a cool-colored maxi skirt to turn up the heat. Even though the pairing doesn’t give you a polished look, it definitely has potential. The fuller skirt works amazingly well with minimal accessories. So, wear this ensemble when you’re heading out to a flea market or having a cuppa with the gals.
Tank Top and Maxi Skirt
It’s often seen that women wear their maxi skirts low. This gives a more boho or casual feel to it. So, if you want to go for a dressier look, choose to wear your skirt slightly higher on your waist. But, we never said anything about not trying a different approach to combining your skirt with other pieces. Here, we have taken a classy-looking ensemble, and jazzed it up a bit with a simple sleeveless denim jacket. Adding the bold and feisty red accessories takes this ensemble to a whole new level, doesn’t it?!
When you decide to wear a maxi skirt for a specific occasion, know if it’s a casual or formal affair. That way, you can dress up or tone down the “glam” factor. Always dress to impress, and don’t be afraid to include bold accessories to really outshine, even if that’s not what you’re “actually” aiming for.